Buildings and Grounds
Notice is hereby given that the Annual Fire Inspection for 2022 of the school buildings of Massena Central School District for fire hazards which might endanger the lives of students, teachers, and employees therein, has been completed and the report thereof is available in the District Office of Massena Central School District, located at 84 Nightengale Avenue, Massena, NY for inspection by all interested persons.
Ashley Snyder, District Clerk, Massena Central School District
Minor Capital Improvement Projects
Monitoring and Mitigation of Environmental Hazards
New York State Education Law Section 409-H, effective July 1, 2001, requires all public and non-public elementary and secondary schools to provide written notification to all persons in parental relation, faculty, and staff regarding the use of pesticides periodically throughout the school year. The Massena Central School District is required to maintain a list of persons in parental relation, faculty, and staff who wish to receive 48 hour prior written notification of certain pesticide applications. The following applications are not subject to prior notification requirements:
A School remains unoccupied continuously for 72 hours following an application:
- Anti-microbial products
- Nonvolatile rodenticides in tamper resistant bait stations in areas inaccessible to children
- Silica gels and other nonvolatile ready-to-use pastes, forms, or gels in areas inaccessible to children
- Boric acid and disodium octaborate tetrahydrate
- The application of EPA designated biopesticides
- The application of EPA designated exempt materials under 40CRF152.25
- The use of aerosol products with a directed spray in containers of 18 fluid ounces or less when used to protect individuals from an imminent threat from stinging and biting insects including venomous spiders, bees, wasps, and hornets
- In the event of an emergency application necessary to protect against an imminent threat to human health, an effort will be made to supply written notification to those on the 48-hour prior notification list.
If you would like to receive a 48-hour prior notification of pesticide applications that are scheduled to occur in your school, please contact Greg Tessier, the Massena Central School District pesticide representative at 84 Nightengale Avenue, Massena, New York 13662, 764-3700 extension 3018 for further information.
Annual Asbestos Notification
According to the Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA), all schools both public and private in the United States are to inform you of the presence of asbestos in school buildings. Our building(s) have asbestos in various locations and we are managing the asbestos containing materials to insure the health and welfare of the students, staff and visitors/contractors. Be assured that there is no situation which poses a health risk at this point and we are carrying on periodic surveillance and maintaining the material such that the chances of a fiber release are low.
Our Asbestos Management Plan, which contains detailed information, is available for your review in the MCS district office and each individual school administrative office if you so desire.