What are the meningococcal vaccine requirements for school attendance?
- For grades 7 through 9 in school year 2018-19: one dose of MenACWY vaccine. With each new school year, this requirement will move up a grade until students in grades 7 through 11 will all be required to have one dose of MenACWY vaccine to attend school.
- 2019-20: grades 7, 8, 9, and 10
- 2020-21 and later years: grades 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11
- For grade 12: two doses of MenACWY vaccine
- The second dose needs to be given on or after the 16th birthday.
- Teens who received their first dose on or after their 16th birthday do not need another dose.