General Bus Safety Rules
- Students must cross at least 10 feet in front of the bus.
- Never cross behind the bus.
- When exiting the bus, students should check to the right and left before stepping off the bus. Students are to then move away from the bus. They should not go to the mailbox or anywhere else by the side of the bus.
- Students should look left-right-left before crossing the road.
- If the driver blows the horn, the student is to return immediately to the side of the road from which he or she started.
- Instruct your child that if they drop something outside of the bus to leave it where it falls.
- They should only attempt to retrieve the object with the driver or another adult’s supervision, when the bus has gone and the road is clear.
- Children should wait a safe distance away from the road because in inclement weather, vehicles may slide on slippery roads.
For more information about bus conduct view our Bus Conduct -- Discipline Code online:
(315) 764-3700 x3020